About five days ago, someone dropped me a message. He said, "I just read your blog titled Virgin Beach, Bali Best Hidden Beach! and now I am wondering how if you visited Small beach in Padang Bai, it must be heaven, eh?".
So, that's all begin.
Small beach (or Pantai Kecil), also known as Bias Tugal beach is located in Padang Bai, approximately one and half hours from Kuta. This beach is not only famous for its hidden location, but also for its white sand. To get to the beach, you need to climb down the dirt path, sometimes few rocks also. But over all, it was a nice path, like you're going to find little treasure down there. Once I stepped on the sand, yep I can't lie, it feels so smooth. Anyway, I did snorkeling there and I met banner fish. Interesting!
How to get there?
- You can rent a motorcycle or a car by your self because the route is pretty easy. If you're travelling from southern Bali (Kuta, Nusa Dua, Jimbaran, Legian, etc) here is the route: Bypass Ngurah Rai - Sanur - Goa Lawah - Padang Bai - Small beach.
- After going through Goa Lawah, you'll find an intersection. Before that, try to read the direction pole (I'll upload the direction pole's picture).
- Turn to the right.
- Follow the street until the gate of the harbour (I'll upload the picture also).
- Turn to the right.
- Follow the street, don't enter any dirt part. Keep running uphill.
- You'll find the end of the street, and you have to park your vehicle there, and continue the way by walking.
- Down the strairs until you meet the dirt path.
- Follow the dirt path carefully.
- Welcome to the beach!
|The direction pole before intersection.|
|The intersection after the direction pole. Turn to the right!|
|The gate of the harbour. Turn to the right!|
|Remember: don't enter any dirt path,|
and keep running uphill until you meet this (the end of the street).
|Down the stairs.|
|The end of the stairs, then turn to the left and enter the dirt path.|
|Follow the dirt path then welcome to the beach!|
Cost incurred :
- 70K for rent a motorcycle per day
- 30K for petrol (Kuta - beach - Kuta)
- 4K for shower
- 15K for coconut drink
For your information :
- The waves is quite big, particularly when the ferry has just passed.
- If you can't swim, I guess don't go outside the shoreline, because the sandy area just for several meters from it.
- Actually, if you overseas to Lombok by ferry from Padang Bai harbour, you can catch a glimpse of the beach.
- There are reef at the right side of the beach, worth exploring!
- Tbh, if I need to choose between this beach or Perasi beach, I will choose Perasi beach.